DEFENSIVE GUNFIGHTER I
Whether you are a first time gun owner looking to learn how to utilize a handgun for self defense or an experienced concealed carrier who wants to sharpen your fundamentals, this course has you covered. Students will develop a strong foundation in basic weapon handling and marksmanship as it applies to self defense. This then is transitioned into basic skills such as working from cover and shooting and moving. Students will leave this course better shooters and more capable when deploying a firearm in self defense.
- Handgun Manipulations
- Basic Marksmanship
- Drawing and Reloading
- Positional Shooting
- Shooting and Movement
- Shooting from Cover
- Government ID or LTC (if Mass Resident)
- Students should have a firm understanding of firearm safety. They should also have a basic understanding of how to work the controls on their firearm and be able to perform administrative tasks such as ejecting a magazine, locking the slide to the rear, and how to operate the safety if one is present on their firearm.
- Pistol with at least 2 magazines - 3 magazines is preferred
- 400 rounds of ammunition for your given firearm
- Holster with magazine pouch for additional magazine (must be specifically designed for your firearm)
- Eye and ear protection
- Appropriate range attire
NOTE: Blackhawk Serpa retention holsters are not allowed in Blue Tier open courses. This is due to safety issues with its design. In addition, appendix concealed carry is not permitted in level I courses. Students should be drawing from a traditional side hip position. If you need recommendations on affordable holsters before attending class, please feel free to message us.
October 8th, 2022 - 8am to 4pm - Mansfield, MA
TO REGISTER, EMAIL: JTURNER@BLUETIERTACTICAL.COM