MODERN DEFENSIVE PISTOL
This course is intended to develop basic handgun marksmanship and shooting skills into defensive skill sets that apply in self-defense life and death encounters.
- Safety and basic marksmanship review
- Equipment and ammunition selection and familiarization
- Drawing from the holster
- Shooting fundamentals in the context of combat
- Combat marksmanship
- Target identification and transition
- Shooting and moving
- Shooting under stress
$175 - Due at start of course - no deposit required
- Government ID or LTC (if Mass Resident)
- Students must be proficient with the fundamentals of handling firearms. This class is not about building comfort with handling a firearm but how to transition basic firearm handling skills into defensive skills. Students must be proficient in firearms safety and understand the fundamentals of operating their specific firearm.
- Pistol with at least 2 magazines
- 200 rounds of ammunition for your given firearm
- Holster with magazine pouch for additional magazine (must be specifically designed for your firearm)
- Eye and ear protection
- Appropriate range attire
NOTE: Blackhawk Serpa retention holsters are not allowed in Blue Tier open courses. This is due to safety issues with its design. If you need recommendations on affordable holsters before attending class, please feel free to message us.